- Trigger finger is a pain in the finger as you try to straighten it from bent
- It may also make a soft crackling sound as the finger moves
- It is called trigger finger because when the finger unlocks, it pops back suddenly, as if releasing a trigger on a gun
- The triggering is usually more pronounced in the morning, or while gripping an object firmly
- The treatment of Trigger Finger depends on the severity of the symptoms and condition of the patient.
- The problem is usually treated by a relatively simple surgical procedure, although mild cases may respond to simple injection